Hello, kiddos! Do you feel the pressure? Well, I do! In life, there are days, and there are days… Mine have been totally wild recently. Many important things to take care and decisions to be made… When this happens, I comfort myself with something VERY scrumptious. The treat for today is Sweet Potato-Smores Brownies…
You know how much I love, love, love Smores (e.g. Frozen Smores Cups and Skillet Smores), right? It is comfort at its best! You also know how much I enjoy sweet potatoes ( Buffalo Chicken-Sweet Potato Chowder and Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Topping)… So I told myself: “Why not combine both flavors together in a single bite?” I am so glad that I did!!! And I think that you will be, too.
These Sweet Potato-Smores Brownies are not only phenomenal for making worries dissipate, but even for bringing a smile to your face. The best words to describe this new fall goodie is THE TREAT! And how could it not be, seeing that it incorporates luscious chocolate, marshmallows, and sweet potatoes all together in one?
If you excuse me now… I am going to go munch on a little piece of comfort.
Enjoy our sweet potato-smores brownies… Comfort at its best!
Sweet Potato-Smores Brownies
Yield: 9-12 brownies
Segment: From My Table To Yours
For the Brownie Batter:
4 large eggs at room temperature, divided
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract, divided
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup canned sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
2-1/2 to 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Chocolate frosting (recipe follows)
1-2 tablespoons Graham cracker crumbs plus small squares to decorate top of the brownies
For the Chocolate Frosting:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1-1/2 tablespoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F for glass or metal pans, and 325° F for dark or non-stick pans. Grease bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat brownie mix, 2 eggs, oil, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and water together on low speed until well blended (Please, do not over beat). Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
3. Beat mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla, and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until just blended. Then, add the apple pie spice, baking powder, and flour to the sweet potato mixture, beating at low speed until just blended.
4. Spoon sweet potato mixture over brownie batter and spread even and gently; top with remaining brownie batter, spreading evenly.
5. Bake sweet potato-smores brownies for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove sweet potato-smores brownies from oven to a wire rack and top with marshmallows.
6. Prepare Chocolate Frosting, and drizzle the hot frosting over sweet potato-smores brownies. Sprinkle Graham cracker crumbs on top and let cool completely. Decorate sweet potato-smores brownies with small Graham cracker squares and enjoy!
7. To prepare the Chocolate Frosting: In a small saucepan, cook butter, cocoa, and milk over medium heat, whisking constantly, for about 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Then, remove from heat and whisk very well in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle the hot frosting over the sweet potato-smores brownies.
NEVER MISS A DELICIOUS RECIPE!!! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL: